- All students of the school are members of the library
- A student can borrow only one book at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
- Marking, underlining or writing on library books is strictly forbidden.
- Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any student. These can be read only in the library room.
- If the books are not returned within a specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
- The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
- In case of book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the full price of the book.
- A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each student is to be obtained from the librarian while withdrawing any student from the school.
- Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library.
The library is open every school day from 07:15 a.m. to 02:00 p.m.
Every class from VI-XII is allotted one library periods per week. The students can use the library, read newspapers and magazines, consult reference books and issue the books during their library periods. The books can be returned to the library at any time. Besides the students may utilise the library during their free time provided no other class is having a library period at that time.
Issue of Books
Normally two books will be issued to a student for a period of 14 days. An overdue charge of Rs. 1/- per day will be charged in case of wilful delay. Staff members can have a maximum of 5 books for a period of 14 days.
Reference books like encyclopedias and dictionaries will not be issued. These can be consulted in the library during the library periods. However, for the purpose project work and special assignments the students may get these books issued on request from the teacher concerned.
Latest issues of the magazines will not be issued. The old issued of magazines and periodicals can be issued.
The primary section from Class 1-5 is having class libraries. The class teachers will be provided with enough number books as per the level which may be utilised during the library periods. Magazines for the primary section are separately provided.